Crispy Tofu Bowl
Energizing, Protein Tofu Bowl
We have this delicious and easy recipe for you! It has many health benefits and adding fried tofu makes sure you’ll have a delicious crunch to this cucumber and cashew-filled vegan, quinoa bowl.
Ingredients (serving 4):
- 14 oz. extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 c. quinoa, cooked
- 2 tbsp. roasted cashew halves
- Parsley leaves, for garnish
- Slice tofu 1/4 inch thick. Place on cutting board between paper towels; top with baking sheet. Top with large cans or other weight; let stand 10 minutes. Soak red onion in cold water.
- Whisk red wine vinegar and Thai sweet chili sauce, olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pat onion dry; toss with half of vinaigrette and cucumber.
- Sprinkle tofu on both sides with cornstarch. In 12-inch skillet, heat vegetable oil on medium-high until hot. Carefully add tofu. Cook until deep golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Divide quinoa among 4 bowls. Top each with salad, roasted cashew halves, parsley leaves and tofu.
- Test Kitchen Tip: Love your tofu extra crispy? Let stand 30 minutes instead of 10.
Recipe via GoodHouseKeeping
The perfect little, vegan lunch recipe on rainy days like these!
Delicious, vegan recipe for a healthy and filling breakfast.
Cozy, warming recipe for these chilly autumn days.
Super Easy, Vegan and Delicious Oats for Breakfast!
A delicious and warming soup that will brighten up any day. Using coconut yogurt as the star ingredient. It’s vegan, soy- and glutenfree!
A delicious Crispy Tofu Bowl Recipe filled with lots of healthy ingredients. Tofu is an excellent vegetarian source of protein. The Bowl is filling without being heavy.
Studies have found that meals with high-protein content increase satiety. This delicious smoothie has got you covered with 25 grams of protein! The smoothie also contains rolled oats, which are low on the glycemic index. This will keep your blood sugar levels steady and leave you feeling energized until lunch.
Warm home made comfort food, an absolute Ayurvedic favourite!
You can find the recipe of the perfect green summer salad here!