Veggie Burgers With Cilantro Lime Tahini Sauce
FOR THE BURGERS:
- 1.5 cups grated yam (I used a sweet potato in a pinch)
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger (1 cm cube), peeled
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 1.5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, ground into a flour (use gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or low-sodium tamari
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
FOR THE CILANTRO-LIME TAHINI SAUCE (makes 1/2 cup):
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- FOR THE BURGERS: Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Peel the yam. Using the regular-sized grate hole, grate the yam until you have 1 1/2 lightly packed cups. I used the grater attachment disc in my food processor to save time (it takes less than 20 seconds). Place into large bowl.
- Remove grater attachment from food processor, and add the regular "s" blade. Mince the garlic, cilantro, and ginger until finely chopped.
- Add drained chickpeas and process again until finely chopped, but leave some texture. Scoop this mixture into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flax and water mixture.
- Grind the oats into a flour using a blender or a food processor. Or you can use 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon pre-ground oat flour. Stir this into the mixture along with the flax mixture.
- Now stir in the oil, aminos/tamari, salt/pepper, and spices until thoroughly combined. Adjust to taste if desired.
- Shape 6-8 patties, packing the mixture firmly together. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then carefully flip, and bake for another 18-23 minutes until golden and firm. Cool on pan.
- FOR THE CILANTRO SAUCE: Mince garlic in a food processor, followed by the cilantro. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve the patties with a generous dollop of sauce and optional homemade salsa (from OSG cookbook, p.95) with a bun or lettuce wrap.
A delicious, vegan tonic recipe with amazing ingredients.
A Delicious and Healthy Nut Butter Recipe
Delicious, simple and vegan Couscous Recipe!
Delicious, simple and vegan recipe!
Simple, delicious and vegan ragout recipe. The perfect comfort recipe during cold, winter days.
Simple, creamy and vegan soup recipe. Perfect for when you that extra nourishment during winter.
Simple homemade almond milk that's creamy, delicious, and entirely customizable! Perfect for cereal, baking, and drinking straight alongside baked goods
Delicious Vegan Dinner Recipe for the Holiday Season!
Delicious Vegan Cookie Recipe for the Holiday Season!
Delicious Vegan Pie Recipe for the Holiday Season!
Delicious Vegan Energy Balls Recipe
Delicious Vegan Pasta Recipe
Delicious Vegan Soup Recipe with an Ayurvedic point of view.
The perfect little, vegan lunch recipe on rainy days like these!
Delicious, vegan recipe for a healthy and filling breakfast.
Cozy, warming recipe for these chilly autumn days.
Super Easy, Vegan and Delicious Oats for Breakfast!
A delicious and warming soup that will brighten up any day. Using coconut yogurt as the star ingredient. It’s vegan, soy- and glutenfree!
A delicious Crispy Tofu Bowl Recipe filled with lots of healthy ingredients. Tofu is an excellent vegetarian source of protein. The Bowl is filling without being heavy.
Studies have found that meals with high-protein content increase satiety. This delicious smoothie has got you covered with 25 grams of protein! The smoothie also contains rolled oats, which are low on the glycemic index. This will keep your blood sugar levels steady and leave you feeling energized until lunch.
Warm home made comfort food, an absolute Ayurvedic favourite!
You can find the recipe of the perfect green summer salad here!