Weekend Workshop | Yoga Therapy: The Gift of Balance & Self-Healing
Dates 28th & 29th of May 2016 from 09:30-17:00
Yoga and Ayurveda are two systems with the same roots, based on the same principles. Combined they offer very powerful tools to improve our health and overall sense of wellbeing. In order to apply the therapeutic qualities of yoga and Ayurveda to your own life or the classes you offer your students, a clear understanding of the doshas, 5 Elements theory and the Vayus is essential.
In this workshop Kimmana will teach you the theory of the 5 Elements, the balancing practices for the Doshas and the theory for balancing the Prana Vayus.
Suze will guide you through different yoga practices, applying the balancing principles for you to experience the effects.
This workshop is both for yoga practitioners and teachers that like to develop a deeper understanding of Ayurveda and how to apply its principles to your yoga practice or classes
You will learn & experience
- the 5 element theory in relation to yoga therapy
- balancing practices for the different doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha)
- the theory for Prana Vayus
- balancing practices for the different Vayus
- a deeper understanding of and practical ways to find more balance in your daily life and practice
5 Elements Theory:
In Sanskrit this system is known as the Pancha Maha Bhuta (Pancha means five, Maha means great, and Bhuta means elements). It is a spectrum of everything in the universe divided into 5 : Ether, Air, Fire, Water and Earth. By understanding the dominant elements inside a person, substance or environment, we are then able to know what influences will be exerted upon the body and mind. We can then find ways to increase the opposing elements to create balance or more of the desired qualities for that moment.
Prana (life force energy) can be further subdivided into energetic components called Vayus (winds). The five Vayus of prana each have very subtle yet distinct energetic qualities, including specific functions and directions of flow. When imbalanced they cause disease to build in a specific location of the body. Yoga practices can be powerful tools to rebalances these energetic forces in mind and body, which are at the root of all diseases.
Session 1 | Saturday 9:30 - 12:30
- You will learn the 5 Element theory in relation to yoga therapy and experience it’s principles in a yoga practice.
- You will learn the theory for balancing Vata with yoga therapy
Session 2 | Saturday 14:00 - 17:00
- You will experience the Vata balancing principles in a yoga practice.
- You will learn the theory for balancing Pitta with yoga therapy, and experience the principles in a Pitta balancing yoga practice
Session 3 | Sunday 9:30 - 12:30
- You will learn the theory for balancing Kapha with yoga therapy and experience the principles in a Kapha balancing yoga practice
- You will learn the theory of the Vayus, focusing on Prana Vayu
Session 4 | 14:00 - 17:00
- You will experience the principles in a Prana Vayu balancing yoga practice
- Theory on the Vayus (Udana Vayu, Samana Vayu, Vyana Vayu and Apana Vayu)
We recommend booking the entire workshop since the sessions build on each other.
Entire workshop (12 hours): €149
One day (6 hours): €79