with Julia Blohberger
Ayurveda derives from Sanskrit and means ‘the science of life and longevity’. It is in particular the wisdom of how to live according to your unique and individual constitution. As a science of self-healing, Ayurveda encompasses diet and nutrition looking at lifestyle, exercise, relaxation, meditation, breathing exercises and medical herbs.
The purpose of Ayurveda is to offer healthy people tools and a way of living to stay balanced and the ones who are out of balance, offer tools to find equilibrium again.
Julia was first introduced to Ayurveda during her Yoga Teacher Training in 2013. Ever since she has been drawn to the holistic system in which body, mind and soul are integrated to create a balanced life.
Julia will introduce you to the world of Ayurveda by addressing the following topics:
- Brief history of Ayurveda
- The Pancha Maha Bhutas (Ether, Air, Fire, Water and Earth)
- The 3 Doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha)
- 20 Gunas (the qualities we can find in everything around and within us and their opposite qualities)
- Rounding off with some lifestyle and nutrition recommendations for the above mentioned Doshas
-Background knowledge is not required only an open mind.
Teacher: Julia Blohberger
Date: Sunday the 29th of April
Location: The Conscious Club – Lauriergracht 142, Amsterdam
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Sorry, we don't do refunds. Unfortunately we can't disturb a started class, so make sure you are in time so you don't miss out! No exceptions.
- At the moment our external booking system does not accept iDeal payments anymore. For now it’s possible to buy your tickets with a creditcard, to buy a ticket at the door, or buy one via banktransfer. Just transfer the ticket amount to: The Conscious Club B.V. at account number: NL 16 TRIO 0391 1029 74 // Send us an e-mail at info[at]theconsciousclub.nl with a screenshot of the transfer, and we'll fix the rest!