The EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) take effect May 25 2018, and we are fully behind the spirit of these regulations for a safe and secure Internet. We aspire to embrace privacy by design and, whenever possible, to not collect and store personally-identifiable information.
How we collect data
The instances in which we do collect data include:
- Applicants and participants for our events and classes: this is where we collect the most data, as each participant fills in a form when they sign up. This data is only accessed by the administrative organizer and the facilitators. No one else has access to that data. Participants can access or update that data at any time, or request that it be deleted from files after a class or event is completed. Please email us to make a request.
- Those who join the mailing list. Our mailing list has always been opted into voluntarily by visitors to our website. We will be reinforcing clarity around opting in or out of this list. Should you have missed that option (e.g. junk mail) then please also email us directly to opt in or out.
How we use data
- Applicants' and participants' data is used by facilitators to asses their suitability to any event, class or training and also to highlight any area in which we may need special attention for a participant.
- Mailing list data is used to send newsletters with details of courses, both online and offline, that we create at The Conscious Club.
- We have a subsection in the mailing list of business clients and consumers for when we have a newsletter or information aimed only for business clients or consumers.
In addition, we are upgrading our system and retreats to create greater safety for all involved. This will include:
- Updates to our Terms and Conditions. This lays out clear information for users of our sites and services.
- Automatic Detailed Liability Waiver form for all participants prior to attendance. This will help all participants to understand what risks are involved in our trainings and what responsibility they will be taking by choosing to attend. This is opted in automatically via our booking system. For any questions, feel free to email us.
- Consent forms regarding all photography, audio and video created during a class, training or event or in the time off associated with a class, training or event. We have an agreement form with all professionals that we work with, that they agree not to re-use our material without consent.
We hope that these changes and upgrades make all of our participants and website visitors feel safe to participate in our services. If there is any way in which you do not feel comfortable, then please email us to notify us.
The Conscious Club - Terms and Conditions
By accessing and using this service, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provision of this agreement. In addition, when using these particular services, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services. Any participation in this service will constitute acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the above, please do not use this service.
The Conscious Club believe that privacy is important to the success and use of the Internet and associated offline services. This statement sets forth The Conscious Club policy and describes the practices that we will follow with respect to the privacy of the information of users of this site. Should you have any questions about this policy or our practices, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Personal Information We Collect
The Conscious Club collects your personal information online when you voluntarily provide it to us. If you choose to register online, we ask you to provide limited personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number and/or email address.
How to Review and Change Your Personal Information
If you register for a The Conscious Club service, you may review and change your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com.
How We Use Personal Information That We Collect Online
We may use your personal information within The Conscious Club: (1) to provide you with the services and products you request; (2) to answer questions about our services; billing, payment methods or use of our website; (3) to process or collect payments for our services, (4) to conduct customer surveys; and (5) to contact you about the products and services that we offer.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose any personal information to any third party (excluding our contractors to whom we may provide such information for the limited purpose of providing services to us and who are obligated to keep the information confidential), unless (1) you have authorized us to do so; (2) we are legally required to do so, for example, in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process and/or, (3) it is necessary to protect our property rights related to this website. We also may share aggregate, non-personal information about website usage with unaffiliated third parties. This aggregate information does not contain any personal information about our users.
How We Protect Information Online
We exercise great care to protect your personal information. This includes, among other things, using industry standard techniques such as firewalls, encryption, and intrusion detection. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. This is especially true for information you transmit to us via email since we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us since email does not have the security features that are built into our websites.
In addition, we limit The Conscious Club employees and contractors' access to personal information. Only those employees and contractors with a business reason to know have access to this information. We educate our employees about the importance of maintaining confidentiality of customer information.
We review our security arrangements from time to time as we deem appropriate.
Links to Other Sites
We want to provide site visitors valuable information, services and products. Featured programs and other site content within the The Conscious Club site may link our users to third party sites. The Conscious Club does not control and is not responsible for practices of any third-party websites.
From time to time, we may change this privacy statement. For example, as we update and improve our services, new features may require modifications to the privacy statement. Accordingly, please check back periodically.
The Conscious Club does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, or disability. The Conscious Club does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, or disability. However, not all of our services are designed for all people, in in such cases in which a service is designed for a specific gender and requires certain physical abilities, this will be clearly stated and will be for the purposes of serving the clients, and not based upon discrimination.
If you believe that The Conscious Club has discriminated on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, or disability you can file a grievance with firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site and its components are offered for informational purposes only; this site shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available via the site, and shall not be responsible or liable for any error or omissions in that information.
The Site and its original content, features, and functionality are owned by The Conscious Club and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
Payments are accepted via bank transfer, pin, credit card and PayPal. Any additional service charges or fees of using third-party payment methods shall be the sole responsibility of the customer.
General Termination Clause
We may terminate your access to any of our services, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture of all information associated with your membership to our online groups. All provisions of this Agreement that, by their nature, should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Notification of Changes