Thai Roasted Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup
Uplifting and Fulfilling Coconut Soup
We have an amazing recipe for you <3. This delicious and warming soup will brighten up any day. Using coconut yogurt as the star ingredient. It’s vegan, soy- and glutenfree!
- 1 medium sized butternut squash
- 3 carrots
- 1 leek
- 2 small garlic cloves
- Small knob of ginger – grated finely
- 1 tsp dried lemon grass
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Chilli flakes
- 2L vegetable stock (roughly)
- 350g The Coconut Collaborative yogurt
- ¼ - ½ lime - juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander
- Cumin seeds
- Rice of choice – allow ½ cup per person
1. Pre heat your oven to around 190°c. Slice your butternut squash in half (length ways), de-seed and then place flat onto a baking sheet; insides down. Put into the oven and roast for around 35-40 minutes.
2. Put your rice on as rice takes a little longer to cook; follow packet instructions for correct water to rice ratio.
3. Chop up your leeks and carrots. Sauté in some water with the garlic and ginger until a little softer. Add the ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, lemon grass and chilli. Continue to fry, adding a little more water if it starts to dry up.
4. Once this is fragrant and the carrots and leeks soft, add in your vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then allow to simmer for around 10 minutes; season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Once your squash is done, remove from the oven and let it cool for a few moments. Scoop out the insides. They should be very soft so will easily come away from the skin.
6. Put into the pot with the stock and mix. Bring back to the boil and then add a squeeze of lime and the fresh coriander, season to taste.
7. Using a handheld blender, blitz your soup until thick and creamy. Add the coconut yoghurt and stir well.
8. To serve, ladle a good serving of the soup into a bowl, adding rice if desired. Top with some fresh coriander and any other seasonings. You could also add another dollop of coconut yoghurt on at the end to make it extra creamy!
Recipe via Sophie Gordon
The perfect list with vegan, camp- and travel friendly recipes to bring on your trip!
An irresistible, vegan salad recipe, which is perfect as a side dish.
Delicious, creamy and protein packed pasta recipe with lots of healthy legumes!
Simple, delicious & vegan Chocolate Mousse recipe.
A creative twist to traditional hummus which is also super healthy and delicious!
Fluffy, vegan pancakes that taste amazing.
Very easy to make, delicious and vegan Sauerkraut videorecipe!
A traditional German treat to impress your friends or family during Easter.
A delicious vegan Chocolate Tart recipe packed with amazing nutrients!
A delicious, vegan tonic recipe with amazing ingredients.
A Delicious and Healthy Nut Butter Recipe
Delicious, simple and vegan Couscous Recipe!
Delicious, simple and vegan recipe!
Simple, delicious and vegan ragout recipe. The perfect comfort recipe during cold, winter days.
Simple, creamy and vegan soup recipe. Perfect for when you that extra nourishment during winter.
Simple homemade almond milk that's creamy, delicious, and entirely customizable! Perfect for cereal, baking, and drinking straight alongside baked goods
Delicious Vegan Dinner Recipe for the Holiday Season!
Delicious Vegan Cookie Recipe for the Holiday Season!
Delicious Vegan Pie Recipe for the Holiday Season!
Delicious Vegan Energy Balls Recipe
Delicious Vegan Pasta Recipe
Delicious Vegan Soup Recipe with an Ayurvedic point of view.
The perfect little, vegan lunch recipe on rainy days like these!
Delicious, vegan recipe for a healthy and filling breakfast.
Cozy, warming recipe for these chilly autumn days.
Super Easy, Vegan and Delicious Oats for Breakfast!
A delicious and warming soup that will brighten up any day. Using coconut yogurt as the star ingredient. It’s vegan, soy- and glutenfree!
A delicious Crispy Tofu Bowl Recipe filled with lots of healthy ingredients. Tofu is an excellent vegetarian source of protein. The Bowl is filling without being heavy.
Studies have found that meals with high-protein content increase satiety. This delicious smoothie has got you covered with 25 grams of protein! The smoothie also contains rolled oats, which are low on the glycemic index. This will keep your blood sugar levels steady and leave you feeling energized until lunch.
Warm home made comfort food, an absolute Ayurvedic favourite!